Action Locksmith Winchester are committed to protecting your privacy. We value our visitors and endeavour to create an enjoyable and safe shopping experience when visiting our website.
The Data We Collect
We do request information such as your name, address, postcode, telephone number, email address and company details which you can choose to provide when you either subscribe to our e-mail updates or use our online contact forms.
We need to collect this information in order to provide you with our products and services. It also helps us personalise and deliver relevant, benefit-driven content in any update e-mails.
The legal basis for our collection of this data is ‘Legitimate Interest’ as per Recital 47 of Article 6(f) of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) as it is reasonable for you to expect that you will be contacted about your enquiry having entered your contact details into an enquiry form.
We do not collect ‘sensitive data’ about you (as specified in Article 9 of the GDPR as data about ‘racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership’.)
We do not knowingly collect, process or share the Personal Data of children or minors, if you are under 18, please do not provide any personal information to us.
You do not have to provide us with any Personal Data if you do not want to, however we will be unable to contact you about your enquiry if you do not.
Use of Personal Data
If you submit your telephone number via our website we will contact you via phone to qualify your enquiry and ascertain your requirements.
We may also contact you via email with information about offers or promotions we believe will be of interest to you.
We also use personal information for the purposes of administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer service and making available our products and services to our customers and prospective customers.
We may send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post, by email or telephone (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
We will retain your Personal Data for up to 24 months from the date of submission or alternatively our last communication with you. The reasons we retain your Personal Data for this period are as follows:
- It may take us some time to contact you after you have made your enquiry.
- Once we have contacted you we may contact you by way of a courtesy call to ensure that your requirements have been met and to maintain the standards of the service we provide.
- We run promotions and launch new products from time to time. We will update you with this information if we believe it is of interest or benefit to you.
You may not know it but under GDPR you have certain rights regarding your Personal Information. The rights that apply to the Personal Data we collect are as follows:
- The right of access – this means you have the right to know what Personal Data we hold about you. Upon request, we will provide this information to you free of charge within a reasonable amount of time.
- The right of rectification – if the Personal Data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete you have the right to correct it or complete it.
- The right to erasure – sometimes known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ this means if you request us to do so, we will delete the Personal Data we hold about you.
- The right to restrict processing – this means that you can request for us to cease processing your data rather than deleting it.
- The right to data portability – this means if you request Personal Data from us we will provide it in a commonly used, machine readable form.
- The right to object – this means you can object to us processing your Personal Data if you do not believe it is in your interest.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you so wish.